This is a big hit in my house. My wife asks for this every Mothersday. I leave the recipe as-is with the exception of exchanging flat parsley for regular. A variation that I have done with these is to use them in a Benedict. Some fried potatoes and a Mimosa and you have am awesome brunch.
Seafood Cakes with Mustard Crema
Photo: Kana Okada; Styling: Sara Quessenberry
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 32.1g
- Carbohydrate: 16.1g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 207mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 679mg
- Calcium: 196mg
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 7 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp, chopped
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1. Combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons parsley, mustard, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, stirring with a whisk until blended. Set aside.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add onion and celery; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 3. Combine shrimp and crab in a large bowl. Stir in onion mixture, remaining pepper, remaining 1/4 cup parsley, cheese, salt, egg whites, and egg; stir gently. Add panko; stir gently. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions; flatten to 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- 4. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully turn over; cook 3 minutes or until done. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note