I eliminated the soft breadcrumbs, and then just put panko around the outside before frying them in the pan. They were nice and meaty!! It made 4 large patties instead of six though with the filler missing.
Seafood Cakes with Jalapeño Tartar Sauce
- 1/2 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/2 pound grouper or other lean whitefish fillets
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked*
- 3 cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Jalapeño Tartar Sauce
- Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- Arrange shrimp and grouper in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 10 minutes or until grouper flakes easily with a fork. Cool and chop shrimp and grouper.
- Combine onion and next 11 ingredients; stir in shrimp mixture, crabmeat, and 1 cup breadcrumbs.
- Shape mixture into 12 patties;coat with remaining 2 cups breadcrumbs. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add patties, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels, and serve with Jalapeno Tartar Sauce.
- *1 (6-ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained, may be substituted for fresh crabmeat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This