Adjusted Seafood Bisque Recipe; Sylvia Bush, Lake Harding, AL Original Recipe Taste of Home Magazine Quick Cooking ... Pat Edwards Dauphin Island, Alabama Nutrition Facts for Original Seafood Bisque Recipe One serving: (1 cup) Calories: 169 Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 127 mg Sodium: 817 mg Carbohydrate: 10 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 18 g Printed from tasteofhome.com Oct 8, 2009 Copyright Reiman Media Group, Inc 2009
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cans (103/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- (Use Campbell's Healthy Choice Cream of Mushroom)
- 1 can (103/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- (Use Campbell's Healthy Choice Cream of Celery.)
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- (Use skim milk.)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- (Increase, 8 green onions, chopped.)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- (Increase, 1 cup finely chopped celery.)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- (Increase to taste.)
- 11/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- (Increase because prepacked 2 lbs.)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- (Increase, 3 cans (6 ounces) lump crabmeat.)
- 1 jar (41/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- (Saute Fresh Baby Bella Mushrooms in wine.)
- 3 tablespoons Madeira wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (Omit salt, not needed.)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- (Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, then add the shrimp, etc.)
- Reduce heat; add the shrimp, crab and mushrooms.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the wine or broth, salt and pepper; cook 23 minutes longer.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Makes 21/2 quarts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Momma Bush and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note