I skipped the scallops and lobster, added minced garlic and doubled the ginger and chile paste for a deeper flavor. Delicious!
Seafood Avocado Salad with Ginger
Photo: Jan Smith
If serving this salad chilled, add avocado just before tossing with lime juice mixture. If bay scallops aren't available, substitute coarsely chopped sea scallops.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 30.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound coarsely chopped cooked lobster meat
- 1 finely chopped peeled ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Thai roasted chile paste
- 6 cups trimmed arugula, divided
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat to medium, and simmer. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain; cool 10 minutes. Combine shrimp, scallops, celery, and next 5 ingredients (through avocado) in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine cilantro and the next 6 ingredients (through chile paste) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cilantro mixture to shrimp mixture, tossing to coat.
- Place 1 cup trimmed arugula on each of 6 plates; top each with about 1 cup seafood and avocado mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note