Sea Scallops with Orange and Rosemary
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) shallots finely chopped
- 16 dry-packed large sea scallops about 1 3/4 lbs
- Flour for dredging
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) julienned orange peel preferably organic
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh rosemary
- Cooked wild rice for serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Saute shallots over medium heat until soft. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Meanwhile, pat scallops dry with paper towels. Dredge very lightly with flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat under pan to high; sear half of scallops for 1 minute. Turn and cook other side for 2 minutes; set aside. Add rest of oil to pan ; when hot, repeated process with remaining scallops.
- Add wine, lemon juice, orange juice and orange peel to skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce until thickened about 5 minutes. Taste for sweeetness; add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper if necessry. Return shallots to pan and swirl in butter; add scallops to heat through and coat with sauce. Sprinkle with rosemary and serve with rice on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janetwalsh46 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes