Scrambled Eggs with Tomato, Cheddar and Basil
Community Recipe from
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion such as Vidalia or Walla Walla
- 1 tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl or large glass measuring pitcher, whisk together the eggs
- and water until well blended.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the
- onion and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Raise the
- heat to high and add the diced tomato, basil, salt and a grind of
- pepper. Cook until the tomato is heated through and any juices have
- evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the beaten eggs all at once, reduce the heat to medium and cook
- without stirring for 1 minute. Using a rubber spatula, stir the eggs
- from the edges of the pan toward the center. Continue to cook and
- stir gently until the eggs are almost cooked but are still moist,
- about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and cook for 1 minute more. Divide
- the eggs evenly among warmed plates and serve immediately. Serves 4.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinred1946 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes