Scrambled Eggs with Tomato, Cheddar and Basil
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion such as Vidalia or Walla Walla
- 1 tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl or large glass measuring pitcher, whisk together the eggs
- and water until well blended.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the
- onion and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Raise the
- heat to high and add the diced tomato, basil, salt and a grind of
- pepper. Cook until the tomato is heated through and any juices have
- evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the beaten eggs all at once, reduce the heat to medium and cook
- without stirring for 1 minute. Using a rubber spatula, stir the eggs
- from the edges of the pan toward the center. Continue to cook and
- stir gently until the eggs are almost cooked but are still moist,
- about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and cook for 1 minute more. Divide
- the eggs evenly among warmed plates and serve immediately. Serves 4.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinred1946 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note