- 1/2 cup (about 1/2 ounce) dried morel mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- calories 265
- fat 9.2 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 2.9 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 14.3 g
- carbohydrate 31.6 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 171 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 584 mg
- calcium 152 mg
How to Make It
Place mushrooms in a bowl, and cover with boiling water. Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well; coarsely chop.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth and juice; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Stir in 1 teaspoon chives, 1 teaspoon tarragon, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place mushroom sauce in a small bowl; cover and keep warm. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
Heat pan over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Whisk together remaining 1 teaspoon chives, 1 teaspoon tarragon, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, eggs, and egg whites. Pour egg mixture into pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until soft-scrambled, stirring frequently.
Place 2 muffin halves, cut sides up, on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 3 tablespoons sauce and 1/4 cup eggs.