Scrambled Eggs and Vegetable Burritos
Yield: 8 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 405mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups seeded, chopped tomato
- 1 1/4 cups no-salt-added salsa, divided
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup canned no-salt-added pinto beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and green pepper; saute until tender. Add tomato, 1 cup salsa, corn, and black pepper; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Set aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add beans, seasoning mix, and remaining 1/4 cup salsa. Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once. Spread about 2 tablespoons bean mixture across center of each tortilla; sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese.
- Combine eggs and egg whites; beat well. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring often, until mixture is firm but still moist. Spoon egg mixture evenly over tortillas. Roll up tortillas; place, seam side down, in an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and vent.
- Microwave tortillas at HIGH 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over burritos. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch