- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups seeded, chopped tomato
- 1 1/4 cups no-salt-added salsa, divided
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup canned no-salt-added pinto beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- calories 249
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 7.4 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 32.3 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 117 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 405 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and green pepper; saute until tender. Add tomato, 1 cup salsa, corn, and black pepper; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Set aside.
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add beans, seasoning mix, and remaining 1/4 cup salsa. Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once. Spread about 2 tablespoons bean mixture across center of each tortilla; sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese.
Combine eggs and egg whites; beat well. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring often, until mixture is firm but still moist. Spoon egg mixture evenly over tortillas. Roll up tortillas; place, seam side down, in an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and vent.
Microwave tortillas at HIGH 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over burritos. Serve immediately.