- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Comté or gruyère cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded fontina cheese (preferably Italian)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Meyer Lemon Salsa Verde
- Freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Toasted bread, such as pain au levain
- calories 614
- caloriesfromfat 84 %
- protein 22 g
- fat 58 g
- satfat 22 g
- carbohydrate 2.7 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 602 mg
- cholesterol 595 mg
How to Make It
In a small bowl, using a fork, beat eggs, crème fraîche, salt, Comté, and fontina until thoroughly mixed, 1 to 2 minutes.
Heat butter in a 10-in. nonstick frying pan over medium heat until it melts and bubbles. Add egg mixture. Very gently stir with a wooden spoon, folding egg curds onto themselves in a figure eight, until they thicken, 1 to 2 minutes.
Decrease heat to low and continue to cook without stirring until eggs are creamy and barely set, 2 to 3 minutes, or another 30 seconds or so for firmer eggs. Spoon onto warm plates, spoon salsa verde on top, and serve parmesan and toasted bread at the table.
Nutritional analysis is per serving with 2 Tbsp. salsa verde.