Made these last night as part of our dinner. They are delicious. Served them without the scrambled eggs and reheated them, this morning with scrambled eggs. Going to serve this when our large family gathers in the future.
Scrambled Egg Muffin Sliders
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Total: 52 Minutes
- 6 bacon slices
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 12 to 14 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- 2. Heat a 12-cup muffin pan in oven 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 4. Stir together buttermilk and egg; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in melted butter, cheese, and bacon. Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter into hot muffin pan, filling almost completely full.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan to a wire rack, and let cool 10 minutes.
- 6. Whisk together eggs, water, and Creole seasoning in a medium bowl. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add egg mixture, and cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of pan to form large pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not overstir.) Cut muffins in half, and spoon eggs over bottom halves. Cover with top halves of muffins.
We tested with White Lily White Cornmeal Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads