Scrambled Egg Enchiladas
Serve these breakfast enchiladas with salsa and sour cream, and a side of sliced fresh fruit.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 (16-ounce) process cheese spread loaf with peppers, cubed and divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add eggs. Cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom.
- Draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are thickened but still moist (do not stir constantly). Remove eggs from heat.
- Add half of cheese to eggs, stirring until cheese melts; chill remaining cheese. Stir ham into egg mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly down centers of tortillas; roll up, jellyroll fashion. Place seam side down in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350º for 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Combine remaining cheese and milk in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring until cheese melts. Spoon over enchiladas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch