Scrambled Egg and Crêpe Casserole
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped baked ham
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 14 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cheese Sauce
- Fresh Herb Crêpes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add ham, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet, and wipe skillet clean.
- 2. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet over medium-low heat. Add green onions; sauté 1 minute. Add eggs, salt, and pepper, and cook, without stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides and across bottom of skillet to form large curds, using a spatula. Repeat procedure, cooking until eggs are thickened but still moist (about 6 to 7 minutes). Remove from heat, and gently fold in ham and 2 cups Cheese Sauce.
- 3. Spoon about 1/3 cup egg mixture down the center of each crêpe; roll up. Place in a lightly greased 13- x- 9-inch baking dish (or divide among smaller dishes). Spoon remaining Cheese Sauce over crêpes. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note