Scrambled Egg Brunch Cups
Prepared puff pastry shells are filled with tender scrambled eggs and crowned with a savory cheesy sauce. Served as an elegant brunch dish, or for a special Sunday night supper, this dish is sure to please. The cheese sauce can be made ahead and stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat over low heat, stirring constantly. Recipe from Campbell's Kitchen.
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 1/2 teaspoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 10-ounce package(s) Pepperidge FarmÂ® Puff Pastry Shells, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh chives
- • Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute or until the mixture is smooth. Slowly whisk in 1 1/4 cups milk. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in the cheeses. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and the sauce begins to bubble. Cover the saucepan. Set aside and keep warm.
- • Beat the eggs and remaining milk in a medium bowl.
- • Heat the oil and remaining butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs. Cook and stir until the eggs are set but still moist, stirring occasionally.
- • Divide the eggs evenly among the pastry shells. Top each with about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture and sprinkle evenly with the chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note