Scott's Ham & Pear Sandwiches
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
The untraditional flavors of Scott's Ham & Pear Sandwiches pair together beautifully. Adding the spiced butter as a spread takes this tasty dish over the top.
Yield: Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 1/4 pounds sliced deli ham
- 1 15-oz. can pear halves, drained and thinly sliced
- Spiced Butter:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spread each bread slice with a thin layer of Spiced Butter. On each of 4 slices, place one slice of cheese; layer evenly with ham and pears. Top with remaining bread slices and press together gently.
- For Spiced Butter stir together all ingredients until smooth and evenly mixed. Spread the outside of the sandwiches with the Spiced Butter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note