Scottish Meat Pies
- 1/2 pound round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Miniature Pastries
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- Prepared hot mustard
- Combine first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Divide pastry into 6 equal portions; roll each portion into a circle, 8 inches in diameter. Place 3/4 cup beef mixture on each pastry circle. Dot with 1 teaspoon butter, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon water. Fold pastry circle in half, making edges even. Using a fork, press edges of pastry together to seal. Brush each pie with milk.
- Place on baking sheets, and bake at 375° for 55 minutes or until browned. Serve warm with mustard.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note