Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) bulk pork sausage hot or blend
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- 1 cup(s) fine dry bread crumbs home-made/purchased, plain or seasoned
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped parsley
- 1-1 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- On a sheet of waxed paper, divide sausage into 6 equal portions; wrap 1 portion around each egg. Roll each wrapped egg in bread crumbs. Beat egg with mustard and water; dip sausage-wrapped eggs in beaten egg mixture. Roll in bread crumbs again; place on a rack in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until browned, turning once during baking. Cut into halves lengthwise; serve hot with Dijon sauce or sauce of your choice.
- Serves 6.
- Dijon Sauce: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour; cook for about 1 minute, whisking constantly, until smooth and bubbling. Add seasonings, then add 1 cup of half-and-half a little at a time. Continue whisking until thickened; add more half-and-half until desired consistency is reached. Whisk in mustard; serve over Scotch eggs, vegetables, or fried fish.
- Makes 1 to 1 1/2 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MissNOLA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Scotch Eggs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers