These flaky blonde biscuits keep with Olde English tradition.
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Raspberry Preserves
- Whipping cream, lightly whipped
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in raisins. Combine 2/3 cup milk and egg, stirring with a wire whisk. Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 4 times.
- Roll or pat dough to 1" thickness; cut with a 2" biscuit cutter. Place dough cutouts on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon milk, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until barely golden. Let cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm with Raspberry Preserves and whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This