Schoolkid's Flounder with Fish-Camp Buerre Blanc
- Fish-Camp Buerre Blanc
- 4 (6-ounce) flounder fillets, unskinned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- Peanut oil
- Lemon wedges
- Hot sauce
- Prepare Fish-Camp Buerre Blanc. Keep warm. (Do not place over direct heat.)
- Rinse flounder, and pat dry. Cut a shallow "x" in the skin of each fillet. (This helps fillets stay flat as they cook.)
- Combine salt and peppers in a small bowl, stirring well; sprinkle atop fillets. Dredge fillets in cornmeal.
- Pour oil to depth of 1/4 inch in a large skillet; heat to 375°. Gently shake excess cornmeal from fillets. Fry fillets, skin side up, 2 at a time, 2 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn fillets, and cook 1 minute or until fish flakes with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Fish-Camp Buerre Blanc, lemon wedges, and hot sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes