School Garden Salad with Chickpeas and Avocado
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 186
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 5.4g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sodium: 249mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 qts. very lightly packed torn pieces mixed lettuces and baby greens
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 4 or 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzos)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, cut in chunks
- 1. Make dressing: In a container with a lid, shake all dressing ingredients until blended.
- 2. Make salad: Put lettuces, carrot, and radishes in a large bowl. Put remaining ingredients in small bowls. Combine lettuce mixture with half the dressing.
- 3. Spoon greens onto plates and let each person add toppings and remaining dressing to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads