My children had so much fun making these spiders--and then eating them! It is a great family activity that we will be repeating in years to come.
Photo: Ryan Benyi, Charles Schiller; Styling: Karen Tack
Transform packaged snack cakes into creepy crawlers. These treats take minutes and are a perfect Halloween-themed activity for cookie-loving kiddos.
- You'll need:
- Chocolate-covered cream-filled snack cakes (such as Ring Dings)
- Mini chocolate cream-filled snack cakes (such as 100-calorie packs of Hostess chocolate cupcakes)
- Black licorice laces
- Chocolate and vanilla icing
- Assemble spiders:
- 1. Use a toothpick to poke eight holes in cake, insert licorice laces into holes and trim ends to desired length.
- 2. Attach M&M's as eyes using dots of icing. Pipe dots of chocolate icing for pupils and create fangs by piping small bits of vanilla icing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts