Grown-ups will appreciate this fruited-wine cocktail. Double or triple this recipe for a big gathering. It can be served warm, too (see Variation).
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 navel orange, halved
- 1 lime, halved
- Optional: 1 1/3 cups merlot, chilled
- 1 1/3 cups pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8.4-oz. bottle sparkling apple cider, chilled
- Squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from one orange half; squeeze one tablespoon juice from one lime half. Cut remaining orange and lime halves into thin slices. Combine citrus juices, wine, pomegranate juice and sugar in a pitcher, stirring until sugar dissolves. Slowly add sparkling cider, stirring gently. Add citrus slices; serve immediately.
- Variation: To make warm sangria, substitute regular apple cider for sparkling variety and warm gently in a slow cooker or over a low flame on your stovetop. Serve in coffee mugs or to-go cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Scarlet Sangria Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Beverages