Great recipe! Easy to prepare & love that it's fairly low cal! I didn't use the pomegranate seeds but it was still pretty tasty! This will be a recipe I use frequently.
The deep red tones of this margarita cocktail come from pomegranate juice. Not only is this sweet juice beautiful, it's also packed with disease-fighting antioxidants.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 137
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 12.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (1/2 fresh pomegranate) (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Coarse salt
- Garnish: lime slices
- 1. Process first 5 ingredients, and, if desired, pomegranate seeds in a blender 30 seconds or until frothy.
- 2. Rub rims of 6 glasses with lime wedges; dip in salt to coat. Pour margarita evenly into prepared glasses. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pom Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice.
If pomegranates are not available, no problem. This drink is just as delicious without the fresh seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Scarlet Margaritas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Alcoholic
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining
- CUISINE: American, Southwest, Mexican
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Blender
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Cinco de Mayo, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Mardi Gras, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living