I would agree with the other reivewer that this is a good, sold recipe. But, we really liked it, so I gave it 4 stars, even though I doubt I would make this for company. This recipe is very tasty - like one of those creamy pasta salads from the deli counter. I doubled the recipe, used 2 6-oz cans of boneless skinless salmon, and added about 1/4 C. sliced celery. Very good for dinner on a hot summer evening. I will probably make this again, tho am disappointed that this recipe does not have nutritional info re: calories and fat
Scandinavian Salmon Salad
- 1 (8-ounce) salmon fillet*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shell macaroni, cooked
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cool and flake fish.
- Stir together sour cream and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with salmon, macaroni, and green onions. Cover and chill 2 hours. Serve on lettuce leaves, and garnish, if desired.
- *1 (6-ounce) can skinless, boneless salmon, drained and flaked, may be substituted. Omit broiling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes