- 2 (8-ounce) packages pitted prunes
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup currants
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 quarts plus 1 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup pearl tapioca
- 1 (3-inch) stick cinnamon
- 1 (17-ounce) can peeled apricot halves, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can peach halves, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can pitted cherries, undrained
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
How to Make It
Combine prunes, raisins, currants, lemon juice, and 2 quarts water in a large Dutch oven; cover and let stand overnight.
Combine tapioca and remaining water; cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain well. Add drained tapioca and cinnamon to prune mixture. Cook over medium heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Add apricots, peaches, cherries, and orange and lemon slices; cook over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Remove cinnamon, and discard.
Spoon 1 teaspoon Cognac into each individual serving bowl; spoon soup into bowls, and serve immediately as an appetizer.
Note: Scandinavian Fruit Soup may be chilled and served as a dessert soup.