Scallops with Sweet Cucumber and Mango Salsa
Photo: John Kernick
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 477
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Sodium: 518mg
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 34g
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (such as jasmine)
- 2 mangoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Kirby cucumbers or 1 regular cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mangoes, cucumbers, ginger, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
Rinse the scallops and pat them dry with paper towels. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown and the same color throughout, about 2 minutes per side. Divide among individual plates and serve atop the rice with the salsa.
Tip: Look for scallops that are translucent rather than stark white; they'll taste fresher. Some arrive in the store with the muscle still attached. A quick tug with your fingers before cooking will remove the muscle easily.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This