Used no-chicken broth Would also be great on pasta! Served with Chipote grilled corn and Basil-Arugula pesto pasta. Awesome!
Scallops with Roasted Pepper Butter Sauce
Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
Double-skewering scallops makes turning them on the grill easier. Just thread the scallops onto a skewer, then run another one through the scallops parallel to the first.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 5 scallops and 1/4 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 29.8g
- Carbohydrate: 9.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 970mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 30 sea scallops (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 4 medium red bell peppers (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Thread 5 scallops onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Cover and chill.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and let stand 10 minutes. Peel peppers, and discard skins. Place peppers, broth, and wine in a blender; process until smooth. Combine pepper mixture and basil in a skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 5 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low; gradually add butter, stirring until melted. Cover and keep warm.
- Prepare grill.
- Sprinkle kabobs with salt; place on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with bell pepper sauce. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes