Scallops with Cucumber-Horseradish Sauce
Serve with a salad and bread or over cooked angel hair pasta tossed with a little olive oil and salt. Add extra horseradish if you want more heat in the sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 scallops and about 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 28.2g
- Carbohydrate: 11.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 393mg
- Calcium: 174mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt, parsley, horseradish, salt, and pepper; set aside. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish; dredge scallops in breadcrumbs.
- Add scallops to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve immediately with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes