I loved this recipe. I went alittle more healthy with whole grain pasta. Fast easy and healthy.
Scallops with Capers and Tomatoes
Pungent capers and diced tomatoes pair well with seared scallops for a fresh dinner. Serve over angel hair pasta to complete your meal.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 29.1g
- Carbohydrate: 6.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 614mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Add garlic to pan; cook 15 seconds. Add wine and next 4 ingredients to pan. Spoon mixture over scallops; drizzle evenly with oil just before serving.
Always request dry-packed sea scallops. They tend to be fresher and haven't been soaked in water to increase their weight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note