So simple and delicious! We grilled the scallops instead of pan-searing and spooned the sauce over once they were ready. Very elegant!
Scallops with Caper and Brown Butter Sauce
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Pat scallops dry, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add scallops, and sear about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer scallops to serving plates, cover, and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until butter begins to turn golden brown. (Be careful not to burn the garlic.) Remove skillet from heat; stir in lemon juice and capers. Spoon sauce over scallops, and serve.
- Wine Note: Jeffrey Dye, proprietor of Happy Camper Wines, suggests his Chardonnay for this meal. "It has light oak notes and green apple flavors," he says, "but its freshness allows it to blend easily with foods and be quite refreshing."
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes