Scallops in Puff Pastry
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 (17 1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Citrus Butter
- Garnish: asparagus spears, lime strips, lemon strips, and orange strips
- Cut asparagus diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add asparagus, and saute 2 minutes. Add sherry, and cook 1 minute. Spoon evenly into 5 1/2-inch scallop baking shells; top evenly with scallops, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roll puff pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 4 (6 1/2-inch) rounds; place rounds over scallop shells, pressing edges to seal. Brush with egg. Cut leaves from remaining pastry; brush with egg, and place on shells. Cut slits in tops, and place shells on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately with Citrus Butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Scallops in Puff Pastry Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This