This recipe depends on the components of a margarita to give zing to the pickled vegetables. In keeping with the margarita theme, coarse salt can be substituted for table salt.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups vegetables, 5 ounces scallops, and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 411
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Carbohydrate: 44.1g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 755mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons tequila
- 6 tablespoons triple sec or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 small poblano chiles (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels (about 1 1/2 ears)
- 3/4 cup (1/2-inch) sliced green beans
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well. Remove 1/2 cup lime juice mixture from bowl, and place in a blender; set remaining lime juice mixture aside. Add cilantro leaves to blender, and process until smooth; set the cilantro mixture aside.
- Cut chiles in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Flatten chile halves with hand; set aside. Place zucchini halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 4 minutes. Turn zucchini over, and add chiles to pan, placing chiles skin sides up. Broil an additional 6 minutes or until chiles are blackened. Set zucchini aside. Place chiles in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, and seal; let stand 15 minutes. Peel chiles. Cut chiles and zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Drop cauliflower into a large Dutch oven of boiling water; cook 3 minutes. Add carrot, corn, and green beans; cook an additional 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Add cauliflower mixture, chile pieces, zucchini pieces, and onion rings to lime juice mixture in bowl; toss well.
- Place scallops on broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over scallops. Broil 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Spoon vegetables onto individual plates, and top with scallops. Drizzle cilantro mixture over scallops. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes