- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons tequila
- 6 tablespoons triple sec or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 small poblano chiles (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels (about 1 1/2 ears)
- 3/4 cup (1/2-inch) sliced green beans
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- calories 411
- caloriesfromfat 5 %
- fat 2.5 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- monofat 0.2 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 35.1 g
- carbohydrate 44.1 g
- fiber 6.8 g
- cholesterol 56 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 755 mg
- calcium 129 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well. Remove 1/2 cup lime juice mixture from bowl, and place in a blender; set remaining lime juice mixture aside. Add cilantro leaves to blender, and process until smooth; set the cilantro mixture aside.
Cut chiles in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Flatten chile halves with hand; set aside. Place zucchini halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 4 minutes. Turn zucchini over, and add chiles to pan, placing chiles skin sides up. Broil an additional 6 minutes or until chiles are blackened. Set zucchini aside. Place chiles in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, and seal; let stand 15 minutes. Peel chiles. Cut chiles and zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
Drop cauliflower into a large Dutch oven of boiling water; cook 3 minutes. Add carrot, corn, and green beans; cook an additional 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Add cauliflower mixture, chile pieces, zucchini pieces, and onion rings to lime juice mixture in bowl; toss well.
Place scallops on broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over scallops. Broil 4 minutes on each side or until done.
Spoon vegetables onto individual plates, and top with scallops. Drizzle cilantro mixture over scallops. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.