Would have been great with about 1/4 of the amount of lemon juice called for. Way to much lemon juice!
Scallops with Lemon-Basil Sauce
Look for dry-packed sea scallops at your local seafood market. They haven't been soaked in a liquid solution, which increases their weight and sodium content.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 185
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 447mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1. Finely grate lemon rind, reserving 1/4 teaspoon. Squeeze lemon, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
- 2. Sprinkle scallops with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add scallops; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add wine and reserved lemon juice to pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan. Combine water and cornstarch; add to pan. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Add reserved lemon rind, remaining 1 teaspoon butter, remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and basil. Remove from heat. Serve over scallops.
- Serve with: Buttery Angel Hair Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
- Choice Ingredient
- Large sea scallops are great for a fast and filling protein source any night of the week. They can be seared or sautéed and then added to salads and pastas or served solo as an entrée. Their mild taste and universal appeal make them a good host for complex flavors.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes