Scallops in Grapefruit-Butter Sauce
More From Southern Living
Total: 32 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package vermicelli
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- Garnish: shredded fresh basil
- 1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions; drain, toss with 2 Tbsp. butter, and keep warm.
- 2. Rinse scallops, and pat dry with paper towels; sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- 3. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter with 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add 6 scallops, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from skillet, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with 1 Tbsp. butter and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil and 6 scallops.
- 4. Combine grapefruit juice and wine in a small saucepan; cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 Tbsp. butter. Divide vermicelli among 4 plates; top with scallops and sauce. Garnish, if desired.
For a golden crust, pat scallops dry before searing, and cook in a very hot pan, being careful not to crowd them.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note