It's not bad but I think it would be a lot better if the scallops were sautéed first instead of poached. They came out too chewy. The sauce itself is good though. I'll attempt to make it again because its quick and easy
Scallops in Coconut-Basil Sauce
- 2 (14-ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 12-inch, straight-sided skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low or until mixture simmers. Add scallops; cover and poach at a light simmer, adjusting heat as necessary, for 8 minutes or until scallops turn opaque.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops from skillet; place in a shallow dish or individual serving bowls. Cover with foil. Boil coconut-milk mixture over high heat, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/2cups. Stir in fish sauce and basil; spoon over scallops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Scallops in Coconut-Basil Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes