Scallops and Asparagus Over White Bean Purée
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 352
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Sodium: 1042mg
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- 1 can (15 oz.) navy or cannellini beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound large sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1. Simmer beans and their liquid in a small saucepan until warm. Purée in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp. oil, the lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and 1/2 tsp. salt, and set aside.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until starting to brown and slightly firm to the touch, about 2 minutes. Add butter and stir scallops to coat in butter. Remove from pan and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Add asparagus to same pan and cook, covered, until tender-crisp, about 6 minutes.
- 4. Divide bean mixture among 4 plates. Top with scallops and asparagus and drizzle with dressing.
- Make ahead: Combine dressing components up to 2 hours ahead.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This