- 1 can (15 oz.) navy or cannellini beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound large sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- calories 352
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 14 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 6.8 g
- sodium 1042 mg
- cholesterol 45 mg
How to Make It
Simmer beans and their liquid in a small saucepan until warm. Purée in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp. oil, the lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and 1/2 tsp. salt, and set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until starting to brown and slightly firm to the touch, about 2 minutes. Add butter and stir scallops to coat in butter. Remove from pan and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Add asparagus to same pan and cook, covered, until tender-crisp, about 6 minutes.
Divide bean mixture among 4 plates. Top with scallops and asparagus and drizzle with dressing.
Make ahead: Combine dressing components up to 2 hours ahead.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.