I make this year after year for Thanksgiving. There are never enough leftovers.
Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Apples
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water to cover 45 minutes; drain and cool slightly. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Peel, core, and thinly slice apples into rings.
- Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients.
- Arrange half of potato slices and half of apple slices in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half of brown sugar mixture, and dot evenly with half of butter. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Apples Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine