Very good and hearty dish. This will be my "go-to" recipe for scalloped potatoes. Great proportions with sauce, potatoes and ham. I'm not sure what the dry mustard does for the rue but not problem with that since it has healthy benefit.
Scalloped Potatoes & Ham
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, cubed
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in butter; blend in flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened; mix in 1 1/2 cups cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat; add potatoes and toss to coat. Spoon into a greased 13"x9" baking pan; arrange ham and remaining cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes