I just made this for dinner tonight and everyone like it. I didn't use the extra cheese on top or the onion. My 13 yo doesn't like cheese, or so he says and wouldn't eat it if he knew I put onions in it. I didn't think I could hide them well. This was fabulous and super easy to make. Seldom do I make a new dish that the whole family likes. This was a winner and I will be making it again.
Scalloped Potatoes & Ham
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Make Scalloped Potatoes & Ham as a one dish meal that satisfies your family's craving for hot and bubbly comfort food.
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, cubed
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in butter; blend in flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened; mix in 1 1/2 cups cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat; add potatoes and toss to coat. Spoon into a greased 13"x9" baking pan; arrange ham and remaining cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes