- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, cubed
How to Make It
In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in butter; blend in flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened; mix in 1 1/2 cups cheese and stir until melted.
Remove from heat; add potatoes and toss to coat. Spoon into a greased 13"x9" baking pan; arrange ham and remaining cheese on top.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.