Photo: Gooseberry Patch
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 slices bacon, halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fried chicken coating mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cover potatoes with water and cook until almost tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon and onion in a skillet over medium heat. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Add coating mix, salt and milk to reserved drippings; cook until thickened. Fold potatoes into bacon mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 3 1/2 quart casserole dish and bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove cover, top with cheese and bake for another 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles