Do you like potatoes? Are you tired of the same old mashed potatoes or french fries? Let Martha Stewart give your potatoes an upgrade with her scalloped potatoes recipe! It's a fun and tasty recipe that will have the whole family smiling at the dinner table!
Yield: 20 servings ( Serving Size: scalloped potatoes )
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) Yukon gold potatoes peeled and sliced paper thin
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter softened
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 5 ounce(s) gruyere cheese grated
- Step 1:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees with a rack set in the lower third of oven. Combine sliced potatoes and milk in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, and immediately reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Step 2:
- Place a colander over a large bowl and drain potatoes, reserving milk. You should have 2 cups of thick, starchy milk. If potatoes have absorbed more than 1 cup of milk, add enough milk to bring the reserved milk volume to 2 cups.
- Step 3:
- Rub a 3 1/2-quart oval baking dish with garlic and butter. Arrange sliced potatoes in the baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Dot with remaining butter and pour over reserved cooking milk and cream. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Step 4:
- Transfer baking dish to oven and bake until cheese becomes deep golden brown and milk has reduced and thickened, 80 to 90 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Now you're all done, enjoy the delicious scalloped potatoes!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RachelWoodham and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note