The whole family enjoyed these potatoes immensely. I loved the fact that they were easy to throw together, and still tasted and looked fantastic. Definitely a keeper. You can read my full review at Taking On Magazines: http://bit.ly/Ulfn4S
Photo: Charles Schiller; Styling: Lynn Miller
Make an easy potato side dish by layering slices of potato and onion with cheese, topping with milk and butter, and baking for about an hour. Serve with roast beef, pork, chicken or ham.
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $.69
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grease a 9-inch round baking dish.
- 2. Arrange half of onion slices in a circular pattern in dish, overlapping slightly. Repeat with potato slices, then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1/2 cup Gruyère. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. butter. Repeat with remaining ingredients, finishing with a top layer of potato slices.
- 3. Bring milk to boil and carefully pour over potatoes. Bake until tender and golden, 45 to 55 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This