- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- calories 241
- fat 12 g
- satfat 7 g
- protein 8 g
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 36 mg
- sodium 366 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grease a 9-inch round baking dish.
Arrange half of onion slices in a circular pattern in dish, overlapping slightly. Repeat with potato slices, then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1/2 cup Gruyère. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. butter. Repeat with remaining ingredients, finishing with a top layer of potato slices.
Bring milk to boil and carefully pour over potatoes. Bake until tender and golden, 45 to 55 minutes.