- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 2 (12-ounce) containers fresh oysters, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- Melt butter in a skillet; add cracker crumbs, and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
- Drain oysters, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Place half of crumbs in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish; add oysters. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley, and remaining cracker crumbs.
- Combine reserved oyster liquid and half-and-half; pour over cracker crumbs. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note