Scalloped Gratin Potatoes-Food network
- 1 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 2 clove(s) garlic-chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan, plus more for broiling
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream with a sprig of thyme, chopped garlic and nutmeg.
- While cream is heating up, butter a casserole dish. Place a layer of potato in an overlapping pattern and season with salt and pepper. Remove cream from heat, then pour a little over the potatoes. Top with some grated Parmesan. Make 2 more layers. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Sprinkle some more Parmesan and broil until cheese browns, about 5 minutes.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kimberly007 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Scalloped Gratin Potatoes-Food network Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables