- 2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (10-ounce) package shredded angel hair cabbage
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Stir together cereal and butter; spoon half of cereal mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with cabbage and onion.
- Stir together milk, mayonnaise, and soup; pour over cabbage. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining cereal mixture.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Note: To lighten this recipe, use light butter, fat-free milk, reduced-fat mayonnaise, reduced-fat soup and reduced fat-cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables