Scallop Vermicelli with Spinach
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Carbohydrate: 35.1g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 2.0mg
- Sodium: 661mg
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Calcium: 50mg
- 6 ounces uncooked vermicelli, broken in thirds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry (about 24)
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced spinach leaves (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 lemon wedges
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, pepper, and garlic powder evenly over scallops.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add 12 scallops to pan; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove scallops; set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and scallops.
- Add water to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; add pasta, spinach, lemon rind, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss gently. Divide evenly among 4 serving plates. Top with scallops; serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This