Best scallop recipe ever!!!! Simple and scrumptious!
Scallop and Spinach Salad with Warm Dressing
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 6 bacon slices, coarsely chopped
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Sauté shallot and garlic in hot drippings until tender. Remove shallot and garlic. Drain oil from skillet, reserving 1 teaspoon.
- Heat 1 teaspoon reserved oil over medium-high heat. Cook scallops in batches 3 to 4 minutes. Remove scallops from skillet; set aside. Add red bell pepper and next 7 ingredients. Stir, loosening brown bits from bottom of skillet. Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add bacon and scallops; cook until heated through.
- Place spinach in a large salad bowl, and toss with scallops and warm dressing. Serve immediately.
- Wine note: "Domdechant Werner Riesling ($24) from Germany or Chateau d'Orschwihr Riesling Rangen ($32) from (Alsace) France are picks. These wines do wonderfully with bacon and seafood--more often prepared together than one might think. The wine will bring a balance of body to the dish."--Franklin Ferguson, wine director and bar manager, Citrine restaurant, Los Angeles, CA.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes